Wednesday, August 18, 2004

For a little guy, Harry takes up a lot of room. When the 4 of us travel, it is no easy task. Now that he is in his bigger car seat, it will not even be possible for the 4 of us to travel together. Well, I guess Bailey could share the front seat with someone....
Harry's seat takes up my whole back seat, and Bailey forgets she can't step on him, so she cannot sit in the back. We used to let her sit up front, and I would sit with Harry.
We usually do not drive far with Kevin's car, since it is older than all of us. But, it does have space. VWs, not so much.
So, we need a bigger car. We'd prefer German engineering. We'd also like to not use a lot of gas, and still be able to find parking in the city. We'd like to access the car seat easily. I'd love a whole row for Bailey. Oh, and we need room for the stroller, possibly the jogger, pack and play, luggage, Bailey's bed, a case of water, dry cleaning, a bike rack...And not spend too much money. Oh, and no mini vans, please.
Any suggestions?
If we can get a hybrid, we can use the HOV lanes, for now, even if Harry is not in the car...
Speaking of HOV lanes, I used to feel guilty for counting Harry as my second person. AFter being stuck in traffic with a kid in a rear facing car seat, I now realize they were designed specifically for babies!

No comments: