Monday, April 17, 2006

No Fight!

About 8:00 last night I had a slight problem. I was literally stuck in the shower. Door would not open. Kevin was shop-vac'ing water from the basement and could not hear me, and the reason he was shop- vac'ing was because our plumbing issues have returned, so I couldn't even hang out under the hot water. I was freezing and stuck. I knew I might wake Harry, but all I could do was scream for Kevin at the top of my lungs. I could hear Harry on the monitor and he was awake and curious but didn't seem scared. I guess my screaming and combined banging at the door for 15 minutes lead to one obvious conclusion: we were fighting.
Once released, Kevin and I sat down with Harry and tried to explain the situation. He was pretty confident we weren't fighting, and seemed to understand the door was stuck. I did my best to not create any phobios of tubs or water or doors. But, what's the deal with "No fight?"
How does Harry know what fighting is?
It occurred to me as I was nodding off that his version of fighting may be different. Perhaps it is Harry and Sage yelling at each other and Menike saying "No, no, fight!" All in all, made for an interesting evening.

No comments: