Sunday, June 06, 2004

I want to buy Harry a little T-shirt that says "Don't stick your finger in my mouth, please." That's a lot of words, so we may have to add "cont. on back" in small font.

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK IT IS OKAY TO STICK THEIR DIRTY, GERM INFESTED HANDS IN HUMANS WHO LACK FULLY DEVELOPED IMMUNE SYSTEMS????

The worst part is, it is usually strangers who do this. Why would anyone do this? Let alone, why would you decide it is okay to stick your hands in the mouth of a child you do not even know?

I had to forcibly remove someone's finger from Harry's mouth just the other day. I made several polite attempts to say "Please, do not do that," but they seemed to have gone unheard. Next time, I think I will say "If you continue to do that you owe me $80 for medicine and need to come to my house a minimum of 4 times a day and listen to him scream while we give him medicine for the fungal infection you have caused."

It is not just Harry either. I have witnessed other people feed toddlers. Again, this is usually strangers. And usually older female strangers who have children of their own.

At parties, we put up "Don't Feed the Beagle" signs. Do we need buttons that read "Don't Feed the Toddler"? The best part is when people do actually ask. Usually this will take place while the donut is in the child's mouth. "Is it okay if I give her this?" why wouldn't it be okay to mess up the child's nutritional balance for the day and load her up with sugar? Or better yet, peanut butter sandwiches. Yeah, do that. You can be the first to find out if the child goes into anaphylaxis from a peanut allergy.

Please excuse my venting today. Perhaps the broken sleep is getting to me. Or, perhaps people are just stupid.

No comments: