Saturday, June 05, 2004

It's been a while since I've posted anything. My apologies for getting everyone addicted to the site, and then slacking off. I'm glad everyone seems to enjoy reading about Harry and our interactions with him and his world. It's nice to get so much feedback from so many different people who seem to be paying much more attention to all of this than I ever suspected they would.

Since I think my last post, we've had plenty of visitors, and done some visiting of our own both locally and on a few out-of-state junkets. Harry's dealt with all of it extremely well, some might note that he's done better than his dad on some of them...

It's also been incredible to see and enjoy everyone's reaction to him. Seeing people that we haven't in a while who absolutely gush over him, people we've just met who are intent on showering him with gifts (see "My first fishing rod & reel outfit"). It's just a great feeling.

As for Harry's World, it seems to be growing more every day. Today, he and I got to spend almost the entire day together while Kim finally got a well-deserved chance to sleep in, and run some errands in the afternoon. Nothing like a rainy Saturday afternoon to spend the day kicking back.

I got to see firsthand a lot of the amazing things that Kim gets to see every day. His cool little smile that seems to take up more of his face every time I see it, the subtle differences in his cries throughout the day as he makes a valiant attempt to communicate with us, Bailey getting more and more used to his sounds and movements - to the point that she even gives a bit of a sniff to him when we're all on the couch together.

You can really tell that he's noticing things. He sees things. He hears things. He reacts to things. As Kim mentioned, he actually was surprised to hear Bailey bark at the mailman today, and let out a full-body cry that made certain that we'd notice that he's not fond of Bailey's louder side... Amazing.

No comments: