Monday, January 03, 2005

Teach your children well...
In an effort to improve my own well-being, and to set a good example for master Harrison, I decided (once again), that my NEW YEARS RESOLUTION would be to take a positive approach to life. Out with the bad. Negative energy be gone! ( I even purchased some wands for this...faerie wands, of course!). Away with the people bringing me down...including myself!
It is so easy to put negative spins on things! It is so commonplace on TV and radio and every where else you go. Granted, when you are smarter, and more talented, and better looking then everyone around you, it is easy to put people down...but if you think about it, the people whose company the majority enjoy are those who are positive. Plus, if you think about it, it is a lot easier to be nice than to be mean.
If we all had more time on our hands, more money, more of the things we think we need, we think that we would be more relaxed. But, why not do that first. Sort of like paying yourself first. I know from experience that things really are easier when you take a positive approach to them. When you are frustrated, everything seems to go wrong. It seems to me that it is easier to be positive when you think a little more about other people. Sometimes it can seem like you are the only one doing it, but know what? Who cares. Do it for yourself. Choose to be happy! Choose to be nice to other people.
Well...sounds good. This is what I had decided. But, after my little spotted child (Harry has a rash) was up ALL night crying, and after a week or two of carrying him around (he has not been feeling well), I was pretty cranky myself today. After a gentleman at the doctor's office sneezed twice and ignored both of my Bless-Yous, I decided to ignore his third sneeze. How rude of him! Well, wouldn't you know...he was completely deaf! I felt like I was having a true Seinfeld moment! If that wasn't an I-told-you-so, I don't know what is.
So, I am going to do my best to truly be nice, and thoughtful to other people. My hope is that Harry will pick up on this,a nd he will enjoy being a happy person, without wasting time being mean to other people. Ordriving aggressively. Oh geez...will just have to make sure he doesn't end up being some crazy-ass hippy surfer freak handing out flowers at airports.


Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Teach Your Children Lyrics You who are on the road
Must have a code that you can live by
And so become yourself
Because the past is just a good-bye.
Teach your children well,
Their father's hell did slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picks, the one you'll know by.
Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you will cry,
So just look at them and sigh
and know they love you.
And you, of tender years,
Can't know the fears that your elders grew by,
And so please help them with your youth,
They seek the truth before they can die.
Teach your parents well,
Their children's hell will slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picks, the one you'll know by.
Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you will cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.



No comments: