Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Window?

Harry's doll's, Baby Ernie's, stroller was in the car yesterday, but Baby Ernie was not. Harry asked where he was and I explained that Baby was waiting for him at home. They next logical question: Window?

I always stand at the window when Harry goes to school in the morning. We wave to each other and blow kisses. Harry and I sometimes watch out the window for Kevin to get home, as well, and lately Harry sometimes waits for me there. He was visiting with "Gammom" on Monday while I worked in NJ, and sure enough, when I pulled in the drive way at the end of the day, he was jumping up and down at the window with a huge smile on his face. Luckily, I had left Baby Ernie very close to the window!

Stuck in Boston today. Harry asked if I was on an airplane. But of course. Apparently he also got his shoes and jacket promptly at 4:30 and sat on the sofa because "Mommy coming." He waited patiently. He really is not happy at Yasmin's, but he has only 4 more days there, and I can pick him up early on 2 of them...I am still trying to decide what sorts of flowers and jewels and treasures to bestow upon Menike when she returns from Sri Lanka.

No comments: