Monday, March 29, 2004

Just got back from watching a buddy of mine play the semi-finals of the AA league in the MVAHL, a division higher than the level I currently play. It was, unfortunately, a bit of a rout. However, I do think that in a few more seasons, I might be able to hold my own up there.

Gotta have goals.

Ironic that tonight's discussion is about goals, as brought upon by watching hockey, where in my position, my entire point of being on the ice is specifically to STOP goals.

Anyway... so here I am, not even an actual father yet, and I'm already wondering about my son's goals. I want to know what it is that he wants to do in life? What does he want to accomplish? What mark does he want to leave, and who will be the person most affected by his life? Who will he look to? Will he want to be like me? Like Magoo? Like someone I've never met? Things to ponder...

OK... maybe I should just make sure I don't forget anything on the way to the hospital.

No comments: