Friday, March 26, 2004

So Kim's friend Lisa had her baby yesterday. She was supposed to be due on the 1st of April, so Kim's excited. Hopefully Harry will begin taking cues, and show up sometime soon.

Big congrats to Greg & Lisa!!! Apparently the new arrival doesn't have a name yet, but we'd like to send him our best as well.

Had an interesting conversation today about "cravings" during pregnancy. I'd have to say that luckily, Kim hasn't had anything like that... yet.

Of course, when any discussion of "Luck" and pregnancy, there's the lucky aspect of being male.

I get to watch.

I get to watch the ridiculous amount of extreme discomfort that Kim gets to go through for 10 months (we've all been told forever that it's only 9... no such luck). I get to watch her not be able to breathe because my son has decided to position himself on her diaphragm. I get to watch her squirm all night long because there's not 1 single position that's the least bit comfortable, much less one she can sleep in. I get to listen to her burp more than I ever have, because heartburn has been rampant for what seems like forever.

I'm going to get to watch her go through labor and everything that comes along with that. The pain of contractions, the pushing, the crazy breathing stuff (where's Kris's Cosby impersonation when I need it???), et cetera, et cetera.

I know we're in the homestretch, and I hate to be one to complain, but this is one part of this whole part that really sucks. There's nothing she can do to feel more comfortable, and there's certainly not much I can do but everything she asks for.

In my best Brian Regan voice "...it's the least I can do."

There's obviously the big picture to think of, what we get at the end of all of this, but geez. This part sucks.

No comments: