Wednesday, September 08, 2004

I'd like to thank everyone who's been calling, emailing, etc. to ask about the new job. I started at AT&T Government Solutions on Tuesday, and to say the least, it's quite a bit different from my previous endeavors.

For starters, I've gone from what I consider to be one of the smarter, more tech savvy employees of the office, to one more face in the crowd... nature of the beast I guess.

Funny story, one of my college roommates also works in the same building, and even knows my boss... Found that out the Friday before my first day, so it was nice to see a familiar face in the lobby, even though we haven't really seen each other since 1998.

It's been strange going to a new place, meeting all new people, and working on a project that doesn't remotely resemble anything sporting, but I suppose there comes a time when we all have to grow up and, as Ted Leonsis so profoundly noted in one of the last Caps' staff meetings that I attended, "go out and get a real job."

To those of you who remain in the un-real world of sports, just remember... I'll be calling you for comps!


Back to Harry... As this is of course his World.

Talk about development. I swear he's going to be sitting up on his own by this weekend. We've been working on what Kim refers to as "open-leg rockers" where while he's laying on his back, he grabs his feet out in front, and rolls into a seated position (with some help of course). This evening, he decided to practice on his own, but seems not yet to have figured out that he needs to hold on when pushing his feet down.

But he's getting it... Just preparing myself for when I go into his room to check on him, and he's sitting upright.

Can't wait!!!!

No comments: