Sunday, September 12, 2004

Peek-a-boo! "Where's Harry?---There he is!"

This little game started early on when we were changing Harry's shirts and onesies.
Since we made a game of it, this kid actually likes having clothes pulled over his head!
By the time the shirt comes off, we get to see both dimples.

After I went back to work at PRA 8/17, I had more time to pick Harry up early. With the extra hours gained, I had to find ways to entertain the little guy. He liked to watch his little cloth diapers (or any other blanket) dance around in the air. Soon we would cover his face and Harry would giggle at this peek-a-boo game.

Much to my surprise, when I came home from Krav Maga today (Sunday 9/12) Kevin told me Harry was playing peek-a-boo by himself in his swing. I figured he was just covering his face with his teething blanket. No big deal. But later, I learned this was true- he now initiates "peek-a-boo"! His version is slightly faster than mine, but the game is the same. Harry covers his face and I say "Where's Ha---There he i---Where's Ha---There he---Where's Ha---There he is!" and he giggles as he raises and lowers the cloth. Turns out while he was in his swing he would raise the cloth, then lower it and giggle, then repeat. Kevin was in the kitchen watching him as he entertained himself.

This kid is so fun!

In other news: Pears were started on Thursday. Yum! He gobbles his food down now. May start bananas tomorrow, since I have some good ones. Would prefer avocados or sweet potatoes, but don't want to waste the nice, ripe, organic bananas we have.
New high chair put together. He looks so little in it! But with the mess he is making now, it is much better to use the full size chair. And he is comfy.
Doorway jumper also installed. He doesn't so much jump yet as move in circles and check out the scene---and clean the floor. His little sock was filthy! We may need to increase our Swiffing a bit!


No comments: