Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Today is Kevin's last day with the Capitals. I know leaving was not an entirely easy decision for him. Hopefully this decision will be for the best. He has met a lot of fascinating people during his stint with Washington Sports and made many wonderful friends. As have I. And even Bailey for that matter! Where would Bailey be without Festus, Kody, Cooper, little Casey... ? I personally have shared many a happy hour, 4th of July BBQ, marathon (2!), Krav Maga Boot camp, baby shower, bridal shower, cab ride, a couple of 25th birthdays for Aidan, BNL concerts, DMB shows, ...and more weddings than we can count on two hands. Our own wedding would not have been as successful without all of the help and support from everyone who has ever "worked for or been fired by" Susan O'Malley. We've gotten to see people's kids grow up, and will hopefully get to see more of that in the future. We look forward to Harry growing up with them. I know we have led richer, fuller lives because of all of these people. The best part is, most of them do not even work there anymore either, yet we are still close.
At the very least, this will allow him more time with Harry. Speaking of Harry, people always ask how he does at daycare...if this guy could talk...or rather, if we knew for sure what he was actually saying, because he certainly has plenty to say, I am sure he would tell us how happy he is there. His face lights up in the morning when he sees Menike. Her husband goes to work at 4 AM so he can come home early and see the kids. When I went to pick Harry up yesterday, he was sitting on the sofa smiling at me. He was happy to see me, but not desperate to leave. The look on his face said he was the life of the party, and I should come sit on the sofa next to him and hang out. We play and cuddle and laugh when he is home. He is a happy kid. And I am glad he is happy at daycare. He loves to watch the other kids and is more happy when everyone is there (up to 4 of them). We are happy he has other people who care about him so much.
So, on that note, things are going well. And I hope they continue to go well for Kevin at his new job!

No comments: