Monday, February 27, 2006

Middle Earth

Kevin's true identity was uncovered! The receptionist at the dentist office asked if he was a hobbit (Sean Astin to be precise). Adding insult to injury, a car with the license plate "Baggins" cut him off in traffic. I sometimes refer to Harry as a hobbit, so I guess it is not just me who thinks so.
As I, too, work on being a smaller person, I became aware of something else that is not just me: having a lot of health issues for someone who is a health nut. My Pilates instructor was going on yesterday that he was at an event and he wore shoes that didn't have his orthotics in them. The whole class could sympathize. We wondered what others do about being a little off balance, etc. and decided most people just don't know. Ignorance is bliss I suppose, but I'll be wearing my orthotics to my massage today. I'll be continuing Pilates, Massage, Chiropractic, etc. until my $6000 chirodontic devices kick in. Call me a hypochondriac. It's fine. My head will be on straight in about a year. In the meantime, it is comforting to know that even body alignment professionals need support.
As for the little dude, I picked up a Dora book (or two) this weekend. It had lots of words and he actually participated in reading the entire book from beginning to end. This was an exciting moment. He is on the road to being well-read when he enters T.C. Williams High School in 2018...and it looks like he will indeed have a high school to go to at that point. There was a "minor" fire on Saturday when the $90 million addition caught on fire. It turned the sky black, but kids were able to attend classes today. I'll get the elevator smile and head nod ready for when certain relative sinform us our taxes will go up.

No comments: