Friday, March 04, 2005

Cool new stuff!

Harry had mashed potatoes for dinner. That was fun to watch!

The past couple of weeks his favorite book has been Mimis Toes. It ends up in various places in his room, and he finds it and takes it to the futon where he stands by the edge and reads his book. This will occupy him for 5-10 full minutes. Sometimes he hands it to me to read to him. I could not be more thrilled that he likes books as much as he does! He just loves them!

Harry spent at least another 5-10 minutes tonight trying to get Bard the Poetic Dragon (the small green guy) back on his stacker (impossible to find the old school stackers, so we have the Baby Einstein version). It was so cool to see him persist at trying to put Bard on the little pole. You could see his coordination improving with each try!

Harry also found the trunk on his little car. He learned how to open it, put the brown bear stacker in there, close it, open it and take it out again. He stuck with it until it got easier and easier. I so admire his determination!

It is so cool to see these processes occur. In my mind, it has helped me to understand the processes of learning by viewing it the way a person with a brain injury would need to re-learn something. I know, most people do it the other way, but this way makes sense to me. And it is all just amazing!

No comments: