Thursday, October 06, 2005

Not just another birthday...

After a realtively normal day yesterday, got to spend the evening with Kim attending the Washington Capitals opening night gmae against the Columbus Blue Jackets. First game strictly as a sepctator since 2002 I believe.

I had a great time, and dare I say that I think Kim did too. Huge thanks to Becky for coming down to hang out with Harry whilst he screamed his head off after we left, only to ask to be put to bed around 5:40 (you may recall he's usually up until 7 or 7:30).

Huge thanks also to Uncle Kris for the tickets & parking pass... and for the recognition at the arena.

Photo Credit: Eric Garvey

Speaking of recognition, there's always something to be said of being recognized. From the guy in the parking garage who helped me out when one of his co-workers decided to let my old car bash into one of the pillars in MCI Center, to none other than "Big Tim" the dreadlocked security guard. Nothing like a big smile and "...hey I haven't seen you in a while" to make your night.

While I do miss being at the arena, and I do miss the actoin (FYI, rookie phenom Alexander Ovechkin had 2 goals in his NHL debut), it's nice being there because we want to be, rather than we HAVE to be.

Hopefully when I get to take Harry for his first game on Monday afternoon (seems daycare gets all of the Bank holidays off), he'll want to be there as well... as evidence, he's already been welcomed with open arms, even if they were a few days early!


Photo Credit: Eric Garvey


EDIT:

Per Kim's comment below...



Google is great

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ALso saw a cool bumper sticker on the way home: "Starved for attention? Become a Goalie." Let me knwo if anyone can find a T-shirt. Or wall paper...for teh house...