Thursday, October 06, 2005

Sunny Day!

I am happy to report that to Tara's potential dismay, I finally taught my boy how to watch television!

Yes, I've read the reports. I grew up watching countless hours myself and am aware of the costs. I ran research experiments on the effects of TV while in college. I've had the conversation re: TV pros and cons with many over the years. Some of those folks were psychiatrists. Some parents. Some teachers. I told Kelly (mother of two) about this today. She was happy for me and recognizes television benefits. Her kids watch TV, play sports a nd read books.

Harry is no couch potato. When I say he watches TV, it is just slightly longer than the intro song to Sesame Street. After about 4 minutes, he gets up, *turns off the TV, closes the cabinet, and goes about his business.

***Along with closing up the TV, Harry can also fetch. He can get his shoes, he can find Grandmom and give her a kiss goodbye, he can retrieve a diaper and close the drawer...he knows what almost everything is now...including Bailey's feet which he is not supposed to touch!

2 comments:

Kevin McDermott said...

"...turns off the TV, closes the cabinet..."


I'm sorry, who did you say taught him to do all of these wonderful things?

Anonymous said...

Kevin has taught him manythings...somehow Harry learned how to close the diaper drawer anyway!!! heehee!