Thursday, November 17, 2005

Thankful

Looks like we will be headed to Jersey this year for Turkey Day after all. We were sort of iffy, but traditions are important. Life just wouldn't be the same without a warm welcome home from Pierre Robert, DJ extraordinnaire. Perhaps we can email him a request for some tunes from the Hooters when we cross the border!

Hannah will be checking in on Bailey. She really wants to start a pet sitting business. Most of the effort will be on Kelly's part, since, for one, 8 year olds don't drive...Hmmm...perhaps in the future she can hire Nicholas from across the street. I am sure she would see the logic behind giving him 50% of the profit to do 100% of the work! They are both great kids. I am thankful Harry gets to grow up with them! The kids in our neighborhood are so friendly and well adjusted. The adults seem to be as well.

I am thankful for a lot really. It has been a really great year for us. Actually, teh years seem to keep getting better. Not all luck, certainly, but a lot of hard work. I am thankful for my wonderful friends and family, especially the new little ones that keep popping up. I can't wait to see Harry grow up with them. I think it is the people in your life that really make it what it is. I am thankful that I have the world's best husband who does everything just perfectly (with the exception of putting his cell phone charger away). I am thankful that Harry is a happy, healthy, well-adjusted little cutie-pie, and I am thankful that I have job options and that my job is well suited for me. Most of all I am thankful that we were able to move away from our freakshow neighbor and her son. I don't want to say anything too negative that might bring about bad Karma, but it is just really nice to not feel like we are being stalked every time we turn on a light or enter the backyard. We really loveteh new neighborhood - even with the still packed boxes.

Anyway, off to meet Kelly at the gym. Have to sneak in time during the day so that I don't miss my Harry time. It's so cold outside though! Maybe I'll bring my laptop and catch up on some work afterwards with a cup of Cider at Starbucks...maybe call Casey's dad and update him on the pet communicator... then swing by Target to get Harry a travel potty seat. He's still very focused on his duties.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Apologies to Casey's Dad. Thought McMuffin communicated that Hannah coudl do teh Bailey Visit, since she lives a few blocks away, and we didn't want to be disruptive on a holiday. I know Bailey woudl LOVE The extra company if you want to swing by anyway though. It's cool, you can. I won't be here! ;-Þ