Friday, September 30, 2005

Why we don't have a nanny

Menike had to go to Richmond today regarding her green card. Since I have been on the job only 5 days, I thought it would be unwise to request a vacation day. Granted, I am just "setting up the office" and reading SOPs, but you never know who might call. Plus, I have Pilates at lunchtime.

Tara came through once again and had a reccomendation for us. Her cousin is nearby at Georgetown. Colleen was busy, but her roommate Kathy was happy to pitch in. While not Harry's usual grandparent, 30-something friend, Pediatrician -in- training or Assisstant to Laura Bush, I figured a Georgetown Jr. wasn't too bad.

But what to expect? Could have been some bookish geek, or someone who doesn't care about the child and just needs the cash, or any number of other scenarios. Turns out, she is awesome! Cute and smart (in a common sense kind of way) and seems to be very patient with both Harry and Bailey. I don't think Bailey has stolen any of his snacks! And that was without being threatened!

So what is the problem! Well, 1- I am very thirsty and don't want Harry to see me! 2- I am upstairs listening to the interaction without getting anything done! She's awesome and Harry's awesome and Bailey is being good. This is great! I just need to learn how to ignore them!

I think we still need to asure Menike that no one is stealing her job. It is nice to have options now too!

No comments: