Sunday, December 11, 2005

Adventures of a Real Boy

My weekend bout of food poisoning has not seemed to slow Harry down at all. He's kept himself busy around the house, hammering, wrenching, dancing, learning new words...

I thought I was having a serious IBS flare on Thursday...or got sick from the too much beer I used in a Beef Stew recipe...or became chained to the potty from too many probiotic enzymes...and then I decided it was the meatball sandwich from Subway. This is why I need to go back to veganism. I still have not strayed far from the potty.

Harry made it to gymnastics, but we skipped a tree trimming party and I did not run the Jingle Bell 10K today. I was looking forward to both. Luckily, Harry most likely has no clue we were supposed to go to the pool today. I am sure he would be disappointed. We still plan to have Lance over for a play date and gift exchange.

So, instead of his usually active weekend activities, Harry has remained indoors. I still fin d it horribly dull, and am going a bit nuts, but we have used it as a learning opportunity. After Harry watched Kevin put some shelves together, he proceeded to borrow the funky IKEA wrench and Darth Tater's light saber to fix everything from plastic chairs to door hinges. He helped us put his plate sin the sink, his ripped envelopes into the trash, and his shoes in his room. After watching Zoe, Elmo and Baby Bear play with a ball on "Nename" he had fun throwing his own ball around the house. He then saw another "Nename" episode about feet, so he ran around the house with no shoes on, counting toes and dancing. He neatly stacked dominoes on the ottoman, and watched in awe as Kevin lined his up and knocked them down.

Harry repeated almost every word we said this weekend. He ate a "Blueberry" muffin. He sang "Ba Ba Ba Ba-Ba" to them theme of Sing. He giggled a lot. And observed everything.

No comments: