Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Too Late!

To all of you folks out there who decide NOW that we should not buy you anything for Christmas, I say, you are now getting an extra one. You are getting a calendar! So you can look at it and see that it is already December. MID December. Dude, my gifts are wrapped!

I shop for gifts all year, and I try to find appropriate gifts that I think you will like. Not too big, not too small, something that is useful, or will make you laugh or will make you feel good. For you to turn it down makes me feel bad. Accept the gift graciously. Say thank you. If you hate it, re-gift it.

No one is asking for a gift in return. 'Tis better to give than to receive. I don't always like my gifts either, and I often fight the deep wounds I feel when someone gets me something I don't like. It obviously means they don't know a thing about me. Why do I even bother? Why am I in their lives? -No, what it means is that they are bad shoppers!

Just cause you may be a bad shopper, don't ruin my fun! Wrap up a candle or some bath beads and say "I am a bad shopper!" It's okay. I will still like the bath beads. In fact, I need bath beads. I need Q-tips. Actually, I could also really use a new tube of Sensodyne - and I will think of you every time I use it! If you give me a gift I do not like, I will do my best not to say so...or I will re-gift it!

Gift's should not be mandatory, but if someone gives you one, you should not turn it away! That makes the other person feel a lot worse than "wasting" money on it or not getting something likeable in return.

:-Þ

No comments: