Wednesday, August 03, 2005

See Mommy Run

It occurred to me yesterday, after about a dozen emails from my SeeMommyRun marathon group, that the reason we (the group, at least) run is to set a good example for our kids. Since I know from my texts how important the developmental years are, and since I know from my childhood (and adulthood) that having positive role models is more important than anything, and since the SeeMommyRun.com website actually states this, I am not sure why it took me so long to figure it out. My mind decided to add to it though. If we are running to set a good example, isn't it even more important to get out there if it is an effort? Show the little guy that we don't just do things because they are easy. Stepping up to a challenge builds character, and muscles. And all of that combined helps you to lead a longer, happier, fuller life.

And once you climb the mountain, there's a great view from the top!

I'd much rather Harry grow up to be a hardy Outward Bound guide than one of those morons from MTV's That 70s House!

No comments: