Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Still counting down...

7am appointment scheduled Thursday for inducing. Kim certainly can't wait. She seems to have pulled her back way out of whack yesterday, and then tweaked it again this afternoon. Some heavy spasms this evening have made things "unpleasant" at the very least.

If anyone happens to bump into Harry, please let him know that he's running late and that his parents are looking for him.

Christopher Elser, however, will not. I remember hearing the name of Mr. Kip Elser as a kid. As a local horseman in the West Chester area, he and my father had some frequent dealings. Mr. Elser's 20-year-old son was knifed to death defending his fraternity brothers from an apparent intruder at Johns Hopkins University this past weekend. I never met Christopher, nor do I recall knowing Mr. Elser, but I would like to take this opportunity to pass along my deepest condolences to the Elser family and friends.

I'm not actually a parent yet, but I can't really fathom what losing a child would do to you. I do know more than enough kids around my age who have since passed on under a variety of circumstances, but I don't think I've ever really considered the loss from a parent's perspective.

I honestly can't think of anything worse.

No comments: