Tuesday, April 06, 2004

We head back in to see the doctor again tomorrow.

I say that like this has been a regualr occurance for me - not so much. Come to think of it, through all of this I think I've only been in twice... maybe 3 times. Once to hear the heartbeat, once for the sonogram, and once for Kim to have blood drawn.

So that makes this trip number 4 for me.

That being said, we're both optimistic that we'll be told "...just head on over to the hospital. They will get your delivery started." Bags are packed, and will be in the car.

Just in case.

I'm writing tonight from Harry's room... specifically on the floor next to his crib. It's really the first time I've spent in here for more than 10 minutes without working on something (paint, paint removal, carpet cleaning, furniture/toy assembly... you get the picture). It's actually quite comfortable... you can ask Bailey, but she might not wake up. It's also a new perspective on a new part of our life. Usually you walk into a room and sit down, and see everything in relatively the same light. From down here, it looks like even more fun.

Bright colors, lots of things to play with and hopefully stimulate the mind. Let's think about that for a moment... I get to shape someone's mind. I'm sure there are several of you who just had quite a shudder run down your spine. Don't worry, I did too. To put it mildly, that's a bit of a responsibility. I'm sure we're up to it, but still... it's a bit strange.

I think we're up ot it...

No comments: