Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin... into the future

Still waiting. And it's still raining. Some things don't seem to change, and something about the watched pot never boiling. Harry's still hanging out where he has been for the last 9 months. Can't say I blame him, it's probably pretty easy going in there. Sooner or later he'll find out how much he's been missing!

So some things tend not to change, or go so slowly that you don't even notice. Another line I've been getting lately is how quickly time goes by once your kids are here. I started thinking about this notion of time going by at different relative speeds. It's amazing how looking back, time has flown by, yet sitting here watching the clock tick, nothing could seem slower.

I sit here watching Dubya holding a "Presidential Press Conference" relating to the time and decisions on and around September 11, 2001. Only a bit over 2 1/2 years ago, but seems like it's been forever. As many of you know, also around the same time that Kim & I were married. Again, seems like so long ago, and then figure that we had been together for 6 years before that... I had graduated from High School 4 years before that.

Time flies when you're having fun.

So here we are again, waiting. The past 9 months have flown by (at least for me, probably not so much for Kim), so why are these last few days taking so long? What's he waiting for? Everyone else is waiting on him... I sure hope this doesn't mean he's going to be eternally tardy.

Of course, there are other events upcoming that are quickly approaching. As my inaugural appearance as a Best Man is just around the corner come the end of July at Kris's wedding, an entire new set of things to be nervous about is already kicking in. I figure I have a lot to live up to. Now I should preface that by saying I had never had another best man before him, so I really don't have anything to draw against, but I figure he was the best I could have had... which kinda explains the selection. So now I get to return the favor, at his request. Hopefully I can do as good a job. One more person among many, whom I can't wait for Harry to meet.

No comments: