Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Friends

Whenever I am alone in a city, they seem to always be there. Ross, Rachel, Phoebe, Monica, Chandler and Joey. It’s comforting.

The old episodes are truly a trip down memory lane. Back before Ross & Rachel were a couple. Back before Kevin and I were a couple. Back when my secret code name for him was Bob. Now we are all all grown up. It’s all good, but it’s nice to remember what it was like to be young.

I had a lot of that going on tonight- that is, memories of what it was like to be young. I am up in Boston, playing the single girl. Got to go to check out Claudia’s cool bachlorette pad. Spent some time at the pool, albeit bikini-less. Enjoyed a fabulous dinner and some good un-interrupted conversation. (Of course, the restaurant was across from what was obviously the coolest playground in the city. These are the things I notice these days. But, Claudia’s brother brings his kids in to it from the suburbs, so obviously I was right).

Strangely, this new, warmer, more user friendly Boston reminds me of Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. We used to hang out there before we moved to the fun side of the Potomac. We used to hang out with Nicole…and I got back to my email tonight to find an Evite to her “It’s Not A House Warming” party. Neat coincidence!

Since it seems to be old friend week, I am also getting together with Dana Friday. Harry and I have a play date with Dana and his son Gary, who I think is 3. Joey may be there as well if he decides to hang out with dad and play hooky from camp. He is 5. I still have not met him! I cannot believe 5 years can go by so fast!

Growing up is fascinating. It’s amazing how your perspectives can change. I wouldn’t even know where to begin this discussion. Or I might, but it’s late. Time for night night.

No comments: